Logo

Holiday Cactus Blooms

Posted by Annah | Wednesday, December 19, 2007 | , | 2 comments »


(Pink Holiday Cactus Flower)

Finally, a post from another creature other than Jordan!! This is the second holiday cactus I bought. The first holiday cactus I bought was from Wal-Mart. The plant looked good on the shelf in the plant section but once I got it home it started losing blossoms and died right then and there. I was devastated so I bought this one from Lowes and this one proved to be a better, happier plant.

I grew up with lots of holiday cacti around so I feel like I have a personal connection to them. Right now my mother has two holiday cacti, one white and one pink with flowers in bloom. The two kittens have not eaten them yet...and hopefully they won't.

2 comments

  1. Wicked Gardener // January 6, 2008 at 12:28 AM  

    Hello Annah and Jordan!

    Your cactus is beautiful. My cactus looked totally dead over the summer, but when the weather cooled, it shocked me with blooms. Anyway, I'm enjoying the blog!

  2. Julie // January 8, 2008 at 4:58 PM  

    That is a beautiful shot...they way it is arching...really nice. I think these X-mas cactus just lend themselves to such graceful photos!!!