Logo

Peperomia Orba Flower

Posted by Jordan | Thursday, February 07, 2008 | , | 6 comments »

(Peperomia orba flower -- click on it to see a larger version)

The picture above is my flowering Peperomia orba plant that has been growing along the windowsill since I got it a few months ago. It gets somewhere between four to eight hours of sunlight each day and is labeled as being a Medium Light plant. It seems to be getting the appropriate amount of light and water, and even though the humidity is rather low where it is growing (only 30%) it still seems to be happy.

Until today, I had somehow not noticed that there was an unusual growth on this peperomia orba. I was surprised and immediately researched what the flowers look like for this plant and found out that they "produce greenish-white, panicle-like flower spikes." They aren't the most brilliant flowers to look at, but it's nice to find out that the plant appreciates the growing conditions I have been providing it and hopefully it will continue to grow and flower long into the future.

Reference: http://www.greenzonelife.com/dictionary/peperomia.htm
Photo Credit: Me

6 comments

  1. Tracy // February 8, 2008 at 4:48 PM  

    I had an unknown plant flower like this earlier this week too, come to find out it too is a peperomia. I think they are just ugly.....lol. Nothing beats a "real" flower. These spike-y flowers are just not my thing

  2. Jordan // February 8, 2008 at 4:53 PM  

    I agree. I would rather have a beautiful looking flower...but it still makes me happy to have another "flowering" plant!

  3. Tracy // February 10, 2008 at 1:35 AM  

    I totally agree, an ugly weird flower is better than no flower.

  4. Wicked Gardener // February 15, 2008 at 8:36 PM  

    I've tagged you! Seven Random Things about you. Just cause I love your blog!

  5. Anonymous // April 6, 2009 at 5:36 PM  

    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

    I happen to love the Peperomia species as a whole & am rather intrigued by their diversity, from terrestrial to epiphytes.

    Happy growing!!!
    ~S~

  6. Gabriel Frost // June 6, 2022 at 1:38 AM  

    This iss a great post