Logo

(NOID Orchid)

This is the last post regarding our 2007 visit to the conservatory. We have been too busy lately to thoroughly examine the plants outside that have finally started growing, but the next post will include pictures from out in the garden. It finally feels like spring here in Minnesota with the temperature the last few days reaching the 60s and 70s! Additionally, we will resume our posts on indoor plants once we get some time to take some pictures and do some more research. Enjoy the pictures below!











Photo Credits: Jordan

5 comments

  1. Tracy // April 21, 2008 at 10:50 PM  

    What a cool place to go. The pics of all the flowers are gorgeous.....but I am biased, the Lilies & Orchids are by far the nicest. I saw some really cool Orchids today, I couldn't even tell what types they were, but they were amazing. I love all your pics of the trips you have taken to these plant conservatories. I am glad to hear that something is experiencing Spring.....it has been snowing heavily here for almost four days now. We had no snow a few days ago, and now we have close to 3 feet, it is unreal. Soak up some sun for me. :)

  2. Nancy // April 22, 2008 at 3:47 PM  

    Oh, my gracious....still snow??

    It's been up into the 80's (F) recently here in Houston and I'm very glad I've a shady back garden to potter around in...

  3. Unknown // April 22, 2008 at 9:33 PM  

    I sure miss the Como Zoo. We used to visit at least a few times per year. I'll have to go and visit when we go on our vacation this summer.

  4. brandank // April 23, 2008 at 5:02 PM  

    Great close ups Jordan, and banana tree with the light is a fantastic pic. How close to this place are you? Do you get to check it out often?

  5. Jordan // April 24, 2008 at 8:18 AM  

    Thanks for the comment about the banana tree picture! I live about 75 miles from the Como Zoo Conservatory and I try to get up there at least once or twice a year to see the different exhibits.