Logo

Some of our fruits and vegetables from a few years ago...

In just a few short months, beginning in late July through the end of September, we will begin to harvest the fruits and vegetables from our garden. I found this picture in my collection and thought I'd post a little bit about what you see in the photo. Starting from top to bottom in the picture you will see green peppers, banana peppers, jalapeño peppers, okra, purple podded pole beans, eggplant, roma tomatoes, some heirloom tomatoes, tomatillos, a zucchini, and some cucumbers. This is just a small selection of the fruits and vegetables that we grow every year. There is nothing like fresh pickings from your garden. We can't wait until our plants are ready for this year's harvest! In addition to our own garden, my oldest sister is growing a massive garden of her own, so we should have plenty of fruits and vegetables to last us for a long time!

2 comments

  1. Tracy // May 30, 2008 at 1:23 PM  

    I have always wanted to grow my own veggie garden, my grandparents used to and I loved eating the veggies straight from the garden. Of course you wipe the dirt off with the grass.....lol. The things we did as kids.

    Do you already have the garden plot ready to go? That is why I haven't done it yet, I need to make myself the plot, rototill it. So much so little time right now. One day

    Good luck, fresh veggies are sooooo good. Can't wait to see more pics.....do you have a pic of ur garden?

  2. Anonymous // June 4, 2008 at 9:34 PM  

    Right now my garden is full of weeds. I need to get out there and pull some. That all looks yummy. When you all pull your harvest together, you should have a bountiful meal. This is the waiting period isn't it?