Logo

There was a period of time after I purchased my African Violets that the flowers died back and I had four plants with no flowers. However, after transferring them to African Violet pots and after adding fertilizer to each plant's water, two of the four have now produced some beautiful flowers. Hopefully the two other African Violets will be blooming shortly. The two I have blooming are a pinkish and white African Violet and a dark purple one. The other two are a darker pink and white colored one.

The growing conditions for these plants is currently a little indoor greenhouse (similar to this one) and growing them in there seems to keep the humidity up and provide the conditions which they like.

Enjoy the photos below!




3 comments

  1. Tracy // June 15, 2008 at 1:53 PM  

    Don't you just love seeing them re bloom. They are always just a wee bit different from the last time. I love the light pink one. Do you have any problems with too much humidity in that greenhouse? I have one, but when I leave the cover on i have too much moisture.

  2. Jordan // June 16, 2008 at 8:14 AM  

    Yes, I do love seeing them re-bloom! So far I haven't had any problems with the humidity in the greenhouse. The cover does have zippers to close it up completely but I normally don't have those zipped up and doing that seems to allow some more air to flow in there. I also move the cover every now and then to let it air out in there. Usually the humidity in there stays somewhere between 60% and 75%.

  3. Anonymous // September 1, 2008 at 6:50 AM  

    hye!,.i have two of these flowers as well,.and theflowers for some reason is dying as well,.its really2 sad!!so,.do i have to replace it in a bigger pot an d put some fertiliser too to make rebllom again?