Logo

A Few Random Flowers

Posted by Jordan | Friday, June 27, 2008 | , , | 0 comments »

Here are a few random flower pictures from out in the garden. The first flowers are from a new Sempervivum tectorum (Hens and Chicks) Plant that I bought a few weeks ago. I just love the intricacy and color of these flowers since they are unlike any other flower I have seen thus far in my life. Unfortunately, the flowers don't seem to last for that long on this plant so I'm lucky I got the pictures when I did. The "pot" that this plant comes in is not the most attractive one I have ever seen, but once I find a better spot for it outside then it will hopefully blend in and then hopefully the ugly pot won't be as noticeable.



The second plant featured in this post is an Allium schoenoprasum or Chives. I have always had chives growing ever since I was a child and not only do I like the taste of chives, but I like the flowers as well. If you look at the larger version of the picture you can see how colorful and delicate the flower is when it is looked at up close.


There will be more posts about flowers as well as posts about the vegetables growing out there.

0 comments