Logo

Anniversary Gifts: Ivy Topiary & Roses

Posted by Jordan | Thursday, September 18, 2008 | , , | 0 comments »


The second post of the day! Wow!

For our anniversary yesterday, Annah bought an Ivy Topiary (Hedera helix) for me along with a little garden/house plaque to brighten up our living room. For her, I bought a dozen red roses which you can see in the photo below (although only half are in that vase). I had thought about getting her another orchid to add to our collection, but decided against it since we are still determining whether or not we can keep our first and only orchid alive. The roses are beautiful and they will add a lovely splash of the color red to our house, even though they will not last forever.


This Ivy Topiary is my first experience with a topiary. I guess having a topiary means that I will have to sculpt and maintain the shape of the plant into something that looks nice and presentable. We will see how that goes. The other Ivy I have growing at work has been growing well in my office and has grown well since I got it in January (see photo below).


I'm confident that I will be able to grow the new Ivy and be able to keep it looking as nice as it is now.

0 comments