Logo

Schlumbergera truncata 'Dark Marie'

(Schlumbergera truncata 'Dark Marie' flower.)

On Monday of this week the blossom on my Schlumbergera truncata 'Dark Marie' at work finally opened up completely. I was very happy and astonished by the beauty of this flower since I had forgotten how beautiful it was due to this plant only producing one flower last year (which you can read more about that in this post).

I took several pictures while it was in the process of blooming so that I could document the flowering process after the flower buds had come out.

Schlumbergera truncata 'Dark Marie'Schlumbergera truncata 'Dark Marie'Schlumbergera truncata 'Dark Marie'Schlumbergera truncata 'Dark Marie'Schlumbergera truncata 'Dark Marie'
Unfortunately this flower did not last for that long since by today it had already wilted and is starting to wither away (see picture below). Fortunately there are other flower buds on the plant that are also getting ready to bloom and they will soon add another splash of beauty and color to my work office!

Dead Schlumbergera truncata 'Dark Marie'
(Dead Schlumbergera truncata 'Dark Marie' flower.)

1 comments

  1. Anonymous // November 14, 2008 at 1:45 PM  

    my favorite nursery has christmas cacti in bloom right now, but they're not nearly as pretty as yours!