Logo

I decided to go take some more pictures of the Malus x. 'Spring Snow' Crabapple tree today and I got some nice photos of the flowers and an angry pair of Black-capped Chickadees (Poecile atricapillus) that did not want me near their birdhouse. The tree itself has more blossoms today and is looking much more "snowy" and makes it look prettier.





When examining the flowers more closely, I noticed that some of the flower petals have pinkish-purplish streaks and I'm not sure what is causing it but its a nice surprise to see a bit of color mixed in with all of the white.



Do you see the Black-capped Chickadee (Poecile atricapillus)?











I also noticed a lot of busy bees out collecting pollen and I snapped a few pictures of them as you can see below.



Photo Credits: Jordan

2 comments

  1. Amy // May 16, 2008 at 3:41 PM  

    Your tree is so lovely - crabapples are my favourite flowering tree by far. Such sweet little chickadees too - how neat that they are nesting in your yard!

  2. Aiyana // May 18, 2008 at 4:16 AM  

    The tree is beautiful. The flowers are the whitest white. Do they have a nice fragrance?
    Aiyana