Logo

A Few Remaining Outdoor Plants

Posted by Jordan | Monday, November 03, 2008 | , | 1 comments »

(NOID Plant...any ideas?)

During the past few days here in Minnesota we have been having an unseasonably warm stretch of days in the 60's and 70's, which is not what the weather should be around here. Normally at this time of the year its in the 30's and 40's and there is a usually a lingering threat of snow. I'm not going to complain though. The warm weather gave me the chance to go outside during a lunchtime visit to my parent's house. I was surprised to find the white flowers in bloom (see picture above and below) although I was unable to identify them.

(NOID Plant)

I also found my Easter Lilies (Lilium longiflorum), which I had placed out in the yard when I was still living there. I never got around to actually growing them in the garden and I am wondering if I'll be able to bring them inside during the winter. I will have to do some research on that, but luckily they are still alive and green.

Easter Lily
(Easter Lily #1.)

(Easter Lily #2.)

I also found some Sage (Salvia officinalis) and Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) still clinging to life and ready for use in our future cooking adventures.
Easter Lily
(Sage and Rosemary.)

Unfortunately this warm weather will not last so we better enjoy it while it does!

1 comments

  1. Wicked Gardener // November 9, 2008 at 6:22 PM  

    The white flower looks like a snapdragon. I should know - I just planted a gazillion. They handle our frosts and bloom all winter.