Logo

Fittonia Propagation Project Update

Posted by Jordan | Tuesday, December 16, 2008 | , , | 1 comments »

Fittonia Cutting Growing WellI have not been able to post that much recently due to being busy at work, with Christmas shopping, and also due to the fact that Annah and I do not have internet at home, so I thought I would at least try to write up a quick post to keep this site going!

As of today, December 16th, my fittonia propagation project has been working well. I have continued to water the cuttings and mist them every four to five days. Both of the cuttings seem to be doing well and I will have to figure out one of these days how long I will keep them growing inside their humid ziploc bag. Perhaps a few more weeks will suffice, but I will probably have to do more research to determine whether or not it should be longer.


One of the cuttings has produced some aerial roots which are growing down toward the soil. I'm not sure if this is going to be problematic or not, but we shall see. I probably did not cut the cutting short enough or perhaps I did not place it far enough in the soil.

Anyway, that's the update on the fittonia cuttings for now. Look forward to a new post within the next couple of days!

1 comments

  1. Valerie @ Inner Child Fun // December 19, 2008 at 10:15 AM  

    You are inspiring me to learn more about plants! I tend to kill them, so my husband is the one in charge of any plant life in our house... Thanks for sharing your tips!