Logo

Spathiphyllum ("Peace Lily")

Posted by Jordan | Wednesday, December 05, 2007 | , | 0 comments »


(Were you trying to kill me?!?)

Yet another pot-bound plant from Lowe's. This time it was my Peace Lily (Spathiphyllum) that had been doing flowering and had been looking good for me for about a month and a half until suddenly it completely lost it's ability to stay upright. I thought that perhaps I had been over-watering it since I had accidentally left some water in the tray that the pot was in...twice, so I thought I'd let it dry out. Instead, I took the plant out of the pot last night and all of the roots looked healthy and there was no sign of root rot. I placed the plant in a bowl of well water overnight and low and behold, this morning it was standing upright again! It is now in it's new home in a new pot and it is looking a lot better!

Photo Credit: Me

0 comments